The Icelandic national selection for Eurovision 2017 will kick off today with the first semi-final being held live from Háskólabíó. 12 candidates will compete at this year’s Söngvakeppnin aimed to represent Iceland in Kyiv.
The running order for the first semi-final is as it follows:
- Hildur Kristín Stefánsdóttir – Bammbaramm (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Erna Mist Pétursdóttir – Skuggamynd (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Rakel Pálsdóttir & Arnar Jónsson – Til mín (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Júlí Heiðar Halldórsson & Þórdís Birna Borgarsdóttir – Heim til þín (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Rúnar Eff Rúnarsson – Mér við hlið (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Aron Hannes Emilsson – Nótt (ENGLISH VERSION)
Three candidates will go through to the grand final after a 100% televote decision. A total of 6 acts will compete at the Icelandic national final which will be held on March 11 in Laugardalshöllin, Iceland’s national indoor arena. However, there is no information about what system RUV will use in order to select the final winner, as it will be announced in the coming days.
Who do you want to qualify from the first Icelandic semi-final? Let us know in comments!