Melodifestivalen 2017 has just come to an end and after an exciting show in Stockholm’s Friends Arena, Sweden has finally selected somebody to send to Kiev for this year’s Eurovision Song Contest: it will be Robin Bengtsson with «I Can’t Go On«.
The show, as well as the four previous semifinals held by SVT, was introduced to the audience by humorist Clara Henry, singer Hasse Andersson and singer David Lindgren.
The 12 finalists who competed to represent the country at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 are (winner in bold):
- Ace Wilder – «Wild Child»
- Boris René – «Her Kiss»
- Lisa Ajax – «I Don’t Give A»
- Robin Bengtsson – «I Can’t Go On»
- Jon Henrik feat. Aninia – «En värld full av strider» (Eatneme gusnie jeenh dåaroeh)
- Anton Hagman – «Kiss You Goodbye»
- Mariette – «A Million Years»
- FO&O – «Gotta Think About You»
- Nano – «Hold On»
- Wiktoria – «As I Lay Me Down»
- Benjamin Ingrosso – «Good Lovin'»
- Owe Thörnqvist – «Boogieman Blues»
A total of twelve acts performed tonight. Eight of them were chosen from four previous semifinals, whilst the remaining four semifinalists were chosen from the Andra Chansen (or Second-Chance show) last Saturday. The votes cast by the Scandinavian country and its audience as well as those awarded by an international jury, formed by 11 countries, decided the winner.
What do you think of the Swedish choice? Are they in it to win the contest in May and improve Frans’ 5th place in Stockholm last year?