The first semifinal of this year’s Festival RTP Da Cançao has just concluded in Portugal. Four out of the first eight participating artists in this semi-final have made it to the grand final on the 5th of March:
- Viva La Vida – Nóva Gloria
- Salvador Sobral – Amar Pelos Dois
- Fernando Daniel – Poema A Dois
- Deolinda Kinzimba – O Que Eu Vi Nos Meus Sonhos
Sónia Araújo and José Carlos Malato were the ones introducing this first show to the Portuguese audience, where eight acts competed for four available spots in the grand final, they are:
- Márcia – «Agora» (Márcia)
- Golden Slumbers – «Para perto» (Samuel Úria)
- Fernando Daniel – «Poema a dois» (Nuno Feist)
- Deolinda Kinzimba – «O que vi nos meus sonhos» (Rita Redshoes)
- Rui Drumond – «O teu melhor» (Héber Marques)
- Lisa Garden – «Without you» (Pedro Saraiva)
- Salvador Sobral – «Amar pelos dois» (Luísa Sobral)
- Viva La Diva – «Nova glória» (Nuno Gonçalves)
The semi-final qualifiers of Festival Da Canção 2017 will be chosen by combining the votes from an expert panel and the televoting (distributed on seven different Portuguese regions including islands) on an equal rate (50/50). This will also determine the winner in the grand final.
RTP still keep sthe entries of the second semi-final as secret and they will not be unveiled until next Sunday for the first time.
What do you think of the four qualifiers? Do you see any of them doing well for Portugal? Stay tuned!