Germany has a winner, Levina will fly over to Kiev to represent the country at the biggest music stage in the world. After an exciting TV production, hosted by TV personality Barbara Schöneberger, the German audience decided that «Perfect Life», written by Lindsey Ray, Lindy Robbins and Dave Bassett, is the song that Levina must perform on the Eurovision stage in May!
Both two songs, «Wildfire» and «Perfect Life» specially requested to songwriters in the business and created for the Eurovision Song Contest, were adapted for today for all five singers and each of them presented them in different versions, adapted to its own style.
The five artists were selected by NDR after a long process of auditions throughout the last couple of months of 2016 (winner in bold):
- Axel Maximilian Feige from Hamburg
- Felicia Lu Kürbiß from Freilassing
- Helene Nissen from Hollingstedt
- Isabella «Levina» Lueen from Berlin
- Wilhelm «Sadi» Richter from Dortmund
Below you can watch a sneak-peak of both songs performed during the rehearsals prior to the final:
- Wildfire (Tofer Brown, Marit Larsen, Greg Holden)
- Perfect Life (Lindsey Ray, Lindy Robbins, Dave Bassett)
Complete results are detailed as it follows:
- Round 1: Felicia Lu and Josefin are out – Helene, Axel and Levina remain
- Round 2: Helene is out – Axel and Levina go through
- Round 3: Levina gets chosen performing both songs in the super-final and becomes the German act in Kiev
- Round 4: Levina will sing «xx» for Germany in Kiev!
How much do you enjoy Levina? Do you think she is a good performer and will push Germany to the top after two last places in-a-row?
Stay tuned for further details on Germany at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest in Kiev on May 9,11 and 13!