In a three-hour show, Estonia has decided who will wave the country’s flag at this year’s Eurovision. Koit Toome & Laura have just been declared the winners of Eesti Laul 2017, so they will try to bring the Baltic country back to the Eurovision Grand Final in Kyiv.
Koit and Laura will perform the song Verona at the Second Semi-Final of Eurovision 2017:
A total of 10 acts competed at today’s show:
- Rasmus Rändvee – «This love»
- Koit Toome & Laura – «Verona»
- Kerli – «Spirit animal»
- Liis Lemsalu – «Keep running»
- Daniel Levi – «All I need»
- Lenna Kuurmaa – “Slingshot”
- Elina Born – “In or out”
- Ivo Linna – “Suur loterii”
- Ariadne – “Feel me now”
- Karl-Kristjan & Whogaux feat. Maian – “Have You Now”
The winners were selected after two voting rounds. In the first round, a 50/50 mix of public televote and jury panel decided the top 3 acts which went through to a superfinal. The winners of the superfinal and, consequently, Estonian representatives were selected by solely televote.
You can find the superfinalists of Eesti Laul 2017 below:
- Rasmus Rändvee – «This love» (3rd)
- Koit Toome & Laura – «Verona» (1st)
- Kerli – «Spirit animal» (2nd)
The final of Eesti Laul 2017 was held in Tallin’s Saku Suurhall, venue of Eurovision 2002.
What do you think about the Estonian choice for Eurovision 2017? Let us know in comments!